Delivering maximum power and performance for air plasma, the Powermax125® plasma system cuts thick metals fast. Able to make short work of the toughest cutting and gouging jobs, the system offers a 100% duty cycle, a 25 mm (1″) mechanized pierce capability, and fast gouging metal removal. It also gives you the latest technological innovations, such as Smart Sense™ technology to automatically adjust the gas pressure. Eleven Duramax® Hyamp™ torch styles provide versatility for hand cutting, portable automation, X-Y table cutting, extended reach cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging.
Below are the standard system configurations, which include a power supply, torch and work cable.
|85° hand torch||85° and 15°
|180° full-length machine torch||180° full-length machine torch and 85° hand torch|
|Power supplies||Voltage configurations||7.6 m (25′)||15.2 m (50′)||7.6 m (25′)||15.2 m (50′)||7.6 m (25′)||15.2 m (50′)||15.2 m (50′) / 7.6 m (25′)|
|without remote pendant||with remote pendant||without remote pendant||with I/O cables (no pendant)||with remote pendant||without remote pendant||with I/O cables (no pendant)||with remote pendant|
|Power supply with CPC port and voltage divider||480 V CSA1||059536||059537||059538||059569||059539||059540||059541|
|600 V CSA||059546||059547||059555||059570||059552||059553||059554|
|380 V CCC2||059556||059557||059558||059559|
|400 V CE3||059526||059527||059528||059572||059530||059531||059529|
|Power supply with CPC port, voltage divider, and serial port||480 V CSA1||059542||059544||059543||059545|
|600 V CSA1||059550||059548||059551||059549|
|380 V CCC||059560||059561|
|400 V CE||059532||059534||059533||059535|
1 For use in the Americas and Asia, except China.
2 For use in China.
3 For use in countries that require CE or GOST marks.
- Finish jobs faster with cut speeds five times greater than oxyfuel on 12 mm (1/2”) mild steel
- Superior cut and gouge quality let you spend less time on grinding and edge preparation
- 100% duty cycle maximizes your cutting time
- Multiple, easy-to-use torch styles let you tackle a wide variety of jobs using the same system
Easy-to-use for cutting and gouging
- No need to change the air pressure – Smart Sense™ technology ensures that it is always correctly set
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch
- Drag cut at full output with a patented shield that reduces dross buildup for smoother cutting
Lower operating costs
- Consumable life up to four times longer than other systems in this amperage range
- Electrode end-of-life detection protects the torch and workpiece from damage by automatically stopping power when the electrode is overused
Built to handle tough jobs
- Hypertherm Certified™ reliability ensures peak performance even in the harshest environments
- Duramax® Hyamp™ torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance
|Input voltages||CSA||480/600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|CE||400 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|CCC||380 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input current @ 21.9 kW||300/400/480/600 V, 38/36/31/24 A|
|Output current||30 – 125 A|
|Rated output voltage||175 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||100% @ 125 A|
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||
|Dimensions with handles||592 mm D; 274 mm W; 508 mm H (23.3″ D; 10.8″ W; 20.0″ H)|
|Weight with 7.6 m (25′) torch||
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 260 l/min (550 scfh) @5.9 bar (85 psi)
Gouging: 212 l/min (450 scfh) @4.1 bar (60 psi)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10′) *|
|Power supply type||Inverter – IGBT|
|Engine drive requirement||40 kW for full 125 A output|
|Certifications||CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China.
CE, C-Tick, CU/GOST, Ukr, and Serbian — for use in Europe, Australia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, and other countries where accepted.
CCC for use in China.
|Warranty||Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty.|
*No power cord on some CCC models.
Engine-driven generator operation
|Engine drive rating||System output current||Performance (arc stretch)|
|40 kW||125 A||Full|
|30 kW||125 A||Limited|
|30 kW||100 A||Full|
|25 kW||100 A||Limited|
|22.5 kW||75 A||Full|
|20 kW||75 A||Limited|
|20 kW||60 A||Full|
|15 kW||60 A||Limited|
|12 kW||40 A||Full|
|10 kW||40 A||Limited|
|10 kW||30 A||Full|
|8 kW||30 A||Limited|
Environmental stewardship is a core value of Hypertherm. Our Powermax products are engineered to meet and exceed global environmental regulations including the RoHS directive.
|Recommended||38 mm (1-1/2”)||457 mm/min (18 ipm)|
|44 mm (1-3/4”)||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||57 mm (2-1/4”)||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce *||25 mm (1”)|
* Pierce rating for handheld use or with automatic torch height control
|Capacity||Metal removal rate||Groove profile|
|Typical gouge||12,52 kg/hr
|4,3 mm – 7,9 mm D x 6,1 mm – 9,9 mm W
(0.17-0.31” D x 0.24-0.39” W)